Pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 198 (Provincial Water Utilities Act of 1973), the Legazpi City Water District was formed for the purpose of the following:
Acquiring, installing, improving, maintaining and operating water supply and distribution systems for domestic, industrial, municipal and agricultural uses for residents and lands within the boundaries of such districts;
Conducting such other functions and operations incidental to water resource development, utilization and disposal within such districts, as are necessary or incidental to said purpose.
(Presidential Decree No. 198, Chapter II, Sec. 5)
Highly valued water utility in the country.
We commit to provide safe, reliable, affordable, and sustainable water services while promoting customer service excellence, employee development, and environmental preservation.
LCWD is commited to deliver reliable and affordable water services compliant with regulatory and statutory requirements which fully meet customer needs and with due regard to sustainable growth and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the continued development, implementation, and maintenance of the quality management system and to continually seek improvements in the effectiveness of the said system.
- Report results accurately and clearly in a timely manner; seek improvements in the service provided to clients; continually review the quality and reliability of services offiered to clients and meet the needs of the industry and customer requirements.
- Ensure facilities and equipment are fit for purpose, properly maintained, calibrated and compliant with recognized standards; and pursue improvements in facilities and methodology used.
- Use internal audits and other checks to ensure that quality management system remains to be compliant with requirements; ensure that problems are investigated promptly, the root cause is established and appropriate action is taken to prevent a recurrence.
- Seek to improve internal and external communication to ensure information is quickly made available to those who need it.
- Monitor compliance of contractors and suppliers to recognized standards to ensure that delivery of quality service is not jeopardized.